Ten Pin Linky- Classroom Decor Ideas

I LOVE Pinterest! Then again, who doesn't? So when Ashley started her Ten Pin Linky party I couldn't resist! This week's topic is Classroom Decor. Perfect timing as I'm trying to figure out how to decorate next year. The idea is to post your 10 favorite classroom decor pictures. Here goes (in no particular order)...

1. I adore these pictures from Reagan's classroom! It looks so homey and comfortable. Sure wish my room looked like this! Hmmm... 2 tall bookcases from IKEA and a plant from Michael's...

 2. Michelle's schedule cards were perfect for my classroom animal print theme last year!I just loved them. I laminated them, put magnets on the back and used them on my whiteboard. They are so cute!

3. What a great idea! I will make this for next year. I made one this year but then realized that too many of my students might tear pages just to put the book in the hospital. I know that sounds strange but that's just something they may have done. It was an odd year.

4. This year my class was pen pals with Monica's class in Texas. She made this timeline wall as a way to help here kiddos remember what they'd done and to highlight some special projects. There's a bulletin board in my room crying out to become a timeline next year! Thanks Monica!

5. Last year I was supposed to have learning goals/standards posted, and I kind of did. But I love this idea and it wouldn't take up much space.

6. A loft! The teacher who was in my classroom before me had one and I'd love to have one too. Wonder what my principal would think? I know for sure what my students would think!!


7. My file cabinet SO needs a facelift like this one. Just click on the pic to get directions. And check out WallPops for the peel and stick sheets to decorate with.

8. How could a classroom with a palm tree in it not be fun?

9. Do you have focus walls in your room? We're supposed to and I like this one from Teacher Bits & Bobs better than what I did last year. I really like how neat and clean it looks and heading and numbers below are cute!
 10.  Sunny days are my favorite! This would bring some sunshine into my room even on those many foggy mornings.


I'm off to check out the other classroom decor pins. I hope you'll link up with Ashley too.
There are definitely


but what a fun problem to have!

Thanks for stopping by.

You can check out these pins and more and follow me on Pinterest here




14 comments

  1. I am looking to revamp my filing cabinet, too! Reagan's room is just beautiful - sigh. I love the idea of the sun rays around the clock. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to beautify my file cabinet! I wish I didn't have to turn in my keys. Thanks for stopping by!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  2. Love Reagan's room. It does look so comfy.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the wall colors. Mine are just wood. Thanks for coming by!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  3. I don't have an Ikea near me, but I'm going to be looking for some bookcases to go behind my table. I don't have a desk so I do need some storage. My class sounds like yours, some of them probably would have torn the book pages just so they could put it in the hospital. we are supposed to have our standards posted too. I actually bought the set from Deanna Jump, printed it, laminated it and it laid in a basket all year. I just cut it out today! :P
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who laminated things and didn't get to them! I need to get those standars posters too. Thanks for stopping by!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  4. Doesn't everyone love Reagan's room? Gorgeous! It was strange scrolling down and reading your blog and then coming across a photo from my classroom. #5 is a picture of how I post my learning targets. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the cute way standards could be displayed. I can't wait to make it! Thanks for the idea.
      -Chrissy

      Delete
  5. I love "what we are learning posters." What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Karen

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad you popped by!
      -Chrissy

      Delete
  6. So glad you linked up. Isn't your blog adorable?? Where did you get the header clipart? Be sure to link up starting Wednesday on classroom management. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to linking up! Thanks for the sweet comment. The clip art came from Digi-Doodle Doo. Lots of other cute sets there too!
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  7. Just pinned the clock and cute filing cabinet. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clock! I've seen them turned into flowers before but I definitely like the idea of a sun!

    - Pam
    Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top