Leprechauns and a St. Patricks Day Freebie!

Woohoo, tomorrow's Friday! And we're celebrating St. Patrick's Day! I hope the kids won't be too crazy. They've been telling me stories all week about the leprechauns that came to their kindergarten classrooms and turned chairs upside down, pulled all their cards to red, and left little green footprints all over things. They're so excited! Now I don't always do much for St. Patrick's Day. It's been a few years since I did the green footprints, but after school I thought about the kids and how great this class is and I decided to go back tonight and put out the footprints. Each student will have some Rolo candies (pieces of gold, of course) on their desk in the morning and I think our little leprechaun, Timothy O'Malley will leave them a little note on the board. They should like that.

Today we did a directed drawing of a leprechaun and they loved it!  So I decided to post pictures of a few of them. They turned out pretty cute.
About the brown building... Jesse explained in detail that it was the shack the leprechaun keeps his gold in and the small rectangle at the bottom is the door he goes through. I'm so glad he has some imagination!
This afternoon I quickly put together a paper for my students' desks tomorrow of some St. Patrick's Day Fact Families. If you'd like to use it, just click on the picture. There are actually two pages- one with the larger number at the top of the shamrock and one with the numbers in no particular order. Most of my students got really good at fact families but I'm concerned they're just following the pattern of the top number being the largest in the whole/part charts, so I thought mixing up the numbers might challenge those kids a bit. But those who still don't get it will have the easier one.

Hope you have a fun day too!

 Chrissy

5 comments

  1. You and I think a lot alike. Whenever I read your posts, I'm like, "Yes, exactly, I can do that!" I am glad I checked because I was trying to think of something to do besides green glitter and gold wrapped Reeses peanut butter cups. I am totally going to do the flipping the chairs and the cards. Thanks!

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some pretty good artists for first graders! Thank you for the freebie math facts. I'm already on spring break...so will save it for next year.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Hope you're enjoying you break. Mine is in a couple weeks.
      --Chrissy

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the fact families, Chrissy. I"m going to use them after spring break (I don't care if St. Paddy's Day will be over -- ha ha!)
    And i love your kids' drawings. Very sweet!
    Barb
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love the Cats too. I hope you enjoy your break and have lots more time to run and blog!
      --Chrissy

      Delete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top